Tuesday, February 19, 2008

i go through these weird homesick phases. all of a sudden it will hit me and all i want to do is go home and be with my family. all i want to be is in bed. all i want is the familiar. i want to be in my town, where i know where everything is, where i cant go anywhere without seeing someone that i know. i want to be at my old job with my kids. sometimes i even want to be at gav, not because i miss it but because i know it, because i know what is expected of me and i know that i can succeed. i miss my church and the community that surrounds me there, they truly are like a second family. i miss my friends. i miss being able to be vulnerable and real with them. somedays all i want is a hug, a hug that makes you feel safe and at home. i miss those hugs.

im not saying that im unhappy here, because i am so very happy here. i just miss my home.




1 comment:

Michael W Cristiani said...

Anyway, Natalie, here are some verses from the Psalms that might give you comfort:

When I lie down, I go to sleep in peace;
You alone, O Lord, keep me perfectly safe. Psalm 4:8

I trust in the Lord for safety. Psalm 11:1

You, Lord, are all I have, and you give me all I need;
My future is in your hands. Psalm 16:5

The Lord protects me from all danger;
I will never be afraid. Psalm 27:1b

I wait patiently for God to save me;
I depend on him alone. Psalm 62

The Lord will protect you from all danger;
He will keep you safe. Psalm 121:7